Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Recovery after adenoid removal and grommets

(2 Posts)
kpdiscodancer Fri 17-Jun-16 09:42:01

My 3 year old son had grommets inserted and adenoids removed yesterday. Haven't noticed any change in the frequency of "huh?" yet but here's hoping...
With the resilience of kids, he seems absolutely fine but we have been told to stay at home for 5-7 days. He was literally running around an hour after coming round from the anaesthetic and you would never know that he'd been under general anaesthetic less than 24 hours ago.
He is not the kind of boy that will sit still and draw or do a puzzle. I just don't know how I am going to keep him inside when he clearly feels fine in himself!
Does anyone have any experience of this? Would I be a terrible mother if I let him go out a bit? I obviously won't be taking him to football or the playground for the risk of a bump to the head but I can't see he's going to catch an infection if we go somewhere a but more sedate.

AnotherTimeMaybe Fri 17-Jun-16 15:07:46

You see they didn't tell us to keep ours inside they just told us not to take the to soft plays nurseries schools etc where they can pick up something
So should be fine to take him out
Also there is a lot of mucous to drain so give it a week and he should be able to hear more then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now