Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Protein in urine

(4 Posts)
user1466016259 Wed 15-Jun-16 19:49:51

My 4 year old has been referred to paediatrics because he has protein in his urine. He had +3 in 2 tests and +1 in 3 later tests. He also has occasional pain in his sides. Has anyone else had this? I'm worrying a lot and his appointment is a couple of weeks away yet.

whoops Thu 16-Jun-16 06:10:23

Protein in urine could be a sign of infection. The fact that the amount of protein reduced with no treatment is good. Does he drink plenty a wee regularly?
My ds has a kidney disease FSGS and nephrotic syndrome which causes protein to leak, nephrotis can be something that does clear as your child gets older. I expect your son will have a blood test done so they can get a better picture if anything is going on.
good luck and try not to worry too much.

user1466016259 Thu 16-Jun-16 19:37:38

Thank you. He does wee regularly, no problem there. The first 2 tests he had were November and the last 3 were in may so although the levels dropped the protein was still there. Thank you, I'm trying not to worry but, you know!

whoops Mon 04-Jul-16 23:26:55

Have you had your appointment yet?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now