Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

what are these!?!!! (4yr old)

(9 Posts)
emzs Wed 08-Jun-16 23:54:37

Hi just a quick question
Son has had this spot for best part of two years. Its grown from a tony dot to size of a pencil! Recently two smaller ones have appeared and another very tiny one!

I have a feeling they are all going to grow like the first!
What are they!?!?
They are on the back of his knee and thigh

Thanks

Heratnumber7 Wed 08-Jun-16 23:56:18

Looks like a wart to me.

cathyandclaire Wed 08-Jun-16 23:58:54

Molluscum Contagiosum I think

Asuitablemum Thu 09-Jun-16 00:00:41

Molluscum. They can last for ages, like 2 years, but then go away on their own.

Bluecarrot Thu 09-Jun-16 00:02:03

Some kind of skin tag? I have a few, mostly v thin, but I have two that are like large pimples ( but aren't - Dr confirmed skin tag)
Does your area have the scheme where your pharmacist can diagnose and write free prescriptions for things? Might be worth popping down there to see. They might send you on to Dr, but worth a try.

AuditAngel Thu 09-Jun-16 00:03:53

My 5yo has them too. She has started complaining that they itch, and recently has to have antibiotics when one became infected

cathyandclaire Thu 09-Jun-16 00:16:41

i think I'm going to be more firm and say definitely MOLLUSCUM! They are harmless but can spread and eventually go away on their own. There are all sorts of treatments including popping them with orange sticks and scrapping them off with a damp flannel-but those can cause little scars, a bit like chicken pox.

LonnyVonnyWilsonFrickett Thu 09-Jun-16 00:20:35

Molluscum. DS has them all up one side, took him to the docs and apparently they'll just go away by themselves?

emzs Thu 09-Jun-16 21:51:44

Thanks for replies i am going to take him to drs to check. The biggest one started as a tiny spot nearly two years ago! How long can they take to disappear!? And what to they do just shrink!? Or burst and scab!?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now