Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Body odour and 8 Yr old DD

(4 Posts)
bewarethewalkers Wed 08-Jun-16 09:08:18

Hi. I've noticed in the last week that my daughter is starting to smell sweaty at the end of the day. Aside from a daily wash/shower can she use a deodorant? If so which one? She seems so young to use one. Any advice will be great.

00100001 Wed 08-Jun-16 13:47:20

She can use deodorant. yes smile

There's kids ones available. I'd recommend a roll on, as when they're young they spray spray spray (a bit like washing up liquid! grin)

What about this one for example? www.boots.com/en/Keep-It-Kind-Fresh-Kidz-Deodorant-Roll-on-50ml_1305069/

No harm in getting her into a daily routing of shower and deodorant before she really needs to smile I did this with DS when he was 10 before any real sign of puberty. Good habit to get them into before the 'smelly years'

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 08-Jun-16 13:51:38

Think we started with Simple.

bewarethewalkers Wed 08-Jun-16 14:14:40

I will definitely get a roll on. I can imagine the spray deodorant being used up almost immediately!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now