Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Appendicitis?

(5 Posts)
pnutter Tue 07-Jun-16 13:10:14

Just got back from gp with dd (9) who has pain around tummy button and has been vomiting for 12 hours . Gp said virus. She said to go back if concerned. I'm wondering what the signs are for appendicitis. Dd seems unwell in herself and can't keep water down. No poos. Lots of sick.

monkeyandlion2012 Tue 07-Jun-16 13:43:19

When I had it the pain in my tummy spread within hrs to my right side.

pnutter Tue 07-Jun-16 13:54:55

Thanks monkey

Biscuitsneeded Tue 07-Jun-16 21:04:32

DS was only sick once, poos weren't affected. He just had a tummy ache that gradually spread to right side and had the apparently very typical 'rebound pain' on that area when it was pressed down. It must be very difficult to diagnose as it took them 48 hours and a scan to decide DS definitely had it. Keep monitoring but if she gets worse, back to docs. DS had a temperature and very sore tummy but not constant vomiting. Lots of sick and inability to keep water down sounds more like a bug, but keep an eye on the tummy button pain.

pnutter Wed 08-Jun-16 11:38:29

Thank you biscuits. She's stopped vomiting now. And seems brighter already! The pain seems to have gone

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now