Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Dd has worms were in Rome

(9 Posts)
Notonaschoolnight Wed 01-Jun-16 08:28:39

Bugger haven't seen the worms but all the symptoms are there and she gets them regularly just went to chemist in Florence with the official name of the medication we buy in UK but the said its prescription only arghh!! We're on the train to Rome in a min do any of you lovely people have a suggestion?

Notonaschoolnight Wed 01-Jun-16 10:17:17

Bump

GraceGrape Wed 01-Jun-16 10:22:19

If it's prescription only you will presumably need to see a doctor. Is there someone who can help you make an appointment? Are you staying in a hotel where someone at reception could make the appointment for you?

IcecreamMachine Wed 01-Jun-16 10:28:29

I've googled quickly and it looks like there is a treatment called vermox which should be available without a prescription. If not you could ask for a trattamento per gli ossiuri senza ricetta. There should be something, I can't remember what I used when ds was little and we lived in Italy.

funnychops Wed 01-Jun-16 10:31:58

Try an 'erborista'(herbalist), commonly used over there as natural alternatives. There's one on many high Streets. Look for the green shopfront.

Rosa Wed 01-Jun-16 10:33:49

Confirm vermox is available without prescription. Its a blue and green and white box. Liquid stuff. One chemist whinges and says it should be on prescrption the other one just hands it over no problem.

simonettavespucci Wed 01-Jun-16 10:40:45

You can usually buy prescription drugs over the counter in Rome, (especially if you have the old box with the chemist's sticker), so I suspect you were just unlucky with the chemist. Try another one - the ones slightly off the beaten track tend to be more amenable.

simonettavespucci Wed 01-Jun-16 10:55:19

There also used to be a walk in clinic on Via Canova (near Piazza di Spagna). If I remember correctly you could access it with an EHIC card and then you had to pay the prescription cost, but it was very reasonable.

Notonaschoolnight Wed 01-Jun-16 16:18:16

You're all brilliant thank you!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now