Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

A question about bee stings

(3 Posts)
MeeWhoo Fri 20-May-16 07:30:53

4 yo DS got stung by a bee a week ago at school. They took out the stinger and put some ice on it. When I came to pick him up he said it still hurt and it was a bit swollen, but the next day the swelling was completely gone and he had no more symptoms.

This morning, he has woken up saying a mosquito bite him, and the site of the bee sting is swollen again, just as it was when he was first stung.

Is this normal? I am guessing any possible allergic reaction would have already happened, right?

ClutterofStarlings Fri 20-May-16 08:37:47

It's likely to be a bit sore for a couple of days. An oral or topical antihistamine would help a bit, you could ask your pharmacist, but to be honest you can probably continue doing nothing & it will be fine.

MeeWhoo Fri 20-May-16 20:31:32

Thanks a lot Clutter, it's still a bit swollen but I think I'll just leave it till tomorrow morning and then go to the pharmacy if he is still uncomfortable.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now