Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is this chicken pox?

(8 Posts)
Dumptrunks Sun 08-May-16 13:30:05

We've been battling with infected eczema for the past month and the spots have finally started to disappear, I'm just not sure if it's the eczema that has come back and spread or if she now has chicken pox! It seems to be monstly around her hairline and scalp but a few others dotted about too.

NickyEds Mon 09-May-16 08:52:15

Is she otherwise well? I would have thought if it was chicken pox she'd be under the weather generally. They do look chicken pox like. I thought ds had chicken pox and it turned out to be hand, foot and mouth, they were little blisters too.

Dumptrunks Mon 09-May-16 11:49:02

I think you might be right, she's got blisters on her hands and feet and mouth ulcers, have an appointment at Drs later so will find out for sure, thanks.

Haudyerwheesht Mon 09-May-16 12:36:32

Please call the doctors before you go - you don't want to pass it on to everyone

FuzzyOwl Mon 09-May-16 12:37:50

Blisters on hands, feet and mouth sounds much more like Hand, Foot and Mouth. Could she have that? Hope she feels much better soon.

NickyEds Mon 09-May-16 13:27:43

Blisters in her mouth sounds more like hand foot and mouth. Ds was out of sorts for a few days (off his food, generally grumpy)but then fine. The blisters took ages to disappear.

hackneyzoo Mon 09-May-16 19:33:15

My DD just had chicken pox and had no other symptoms other than the spots and has come through it all reasonably unscathed. I don't think they always feel under the weather with it, my two older children had it a while ago, one had it mildly and was a bit off colour for a few days, the other was quite ill with it, so I guess it just depends how severely they get it.

Dumptrunks Mon 09-May-16 21:34:00

The doctor seems to think that it's chicken pox but didn't seem sure, he's told us to take pictures of the spots over the next week and we have to go back and see him. He ruled out hand, foot and mouth because her scalp has lots of spots too. She is a bit under the weather but doesn't seem too itchy, thanks for your comments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now