Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Supplements for teenager with hyper mobility, dyspraxia and mild aspergers.

(3 Posts)
mckenzie Sun 08-May-16 13:21:31

DS is 15. Eats relatively healthily for a bit of his age. Loves fruit and vegetables, doesn't like sweets but is partially to chocolate cakes, bolognese and anything and everything else really.
He is over weight for his height, has man boobs (quite distinct) and for as long as I can remember he has had loose bowels and has been a2/3 times a day man, always with explosions rather than what I believe are healthy looking stools.

Any ideas as to what his diet might be missing? He's okay at taking tablets so I can give him any number of supplements. He was taking fish oils but suddenly he has decided that they taste vile. sad

TIA

Siolence Sun 08-May-16 13:30:35

If he is going explosively he could well have a gluten issue, it's often co-morbid with that selection of conditions.

If he has a gluten issue it can that malabsorption of vitamins is happening so multi vit, b12 folate, etc could all be low.

Could you try removing gluten and see if his bowels improve?

mckenzie Sun 08-May-16 17:14:13

I will certainly try Siolence.
Unfortunately there are plenty of times when I'm not around when he eats (school, golf club etc) and I'm not sure if I will be able to get him on board with cutting out gluten but I shall try. Thank you for the post

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now