Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby tired upset and 40 degree temp

(9 Posts)
amandalk91 Sat 07-May-16 13:03:03

The past two days my 11 month old girl has had a temp of 40.4 and is just upset all the time and wants to sleep most of the day. It's gotten hot here all of a sudden in Liverpool but I don't know if it's just the heat that's bothering her? What would you say? She's been having calpol but the temp only ever drops slightly and then goes back up

AnotherStitchInTime Sat 07-May-16 13:06:18

You need to take her to see OOH GP ASAP, that is a very high temperature, often a sign of a bacterial infection. Phone 111 they can get you an appointment or advise you of nearest walk in service.

LittleNelle Sat 07-May-16 13:07:01

Definitely Dr today.

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 07-May-16 13:09:25

She needs to be seen by a gp this afternoon. I hope she feels better soon.

HelsinkiLights Sat 07-May-16 13:12:46

Your child's temperature is very high & the sleepiness is worrying.
You need a Dr to see her today.
It may be something like a ear infection or a bad summer cold or it could be something far more serious.
Take her to see a Dr today.

amandalk91 Sat 07-May-16 18:28:21

Thank you for all of your replies. We took her to the walk in and they took a urine sample, and told us its most likely a UTI so gave antibiotics. So fingers crossed she will feel a bit better soon

OhYouBadBadKitten Sat 07-May-16 18:38:43

poor little sausage, well done. Hopefully they will kick in soon.

AnotherStitchInTime Sat 07-May-16 20:25:05

Oh poor thing. Glad you took her in. Antibiotics for a uti usually kick in quite quickly. Hope she feels better soon.

HelsinkiLights Sun 08-May-16 01:38:04

Glad she was seen & sorted. Antibiotics should kick in soon & she'll soon feel better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now