Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

is this chicken pox?

(8 Posts)
hackneyzoo Fri 06-May-16 08:17:31

I noticed about 20 spots on Dd2(5) last night, and there are a few more this morning. Some raised and one with a blister. She has no other symptoms and is bouncing around the place. Do these look like chicken pox? I will keep her off school and at home just in case.

RedOnHerHedd Fri 06-May-16 08:20:08

Looks like it to me, if she starts scratching, I found oat baths to be good. Stick a pile of porridge oats in an old sock and let the water run through it. Normally the spots come out in batches every few days.

LIZS Fri 06-May-16 08:27:31

Yes I think so.

hackneyzoo Fri 06-May-16 08:46:59

Aha, I thought they probably were. Dd1 and ds had them when they were tiny and I remember them having a temp and being really sick.
Dd2 is currently running round the house shouting 'Spider-Man has children pox!' And apart from being spotty is absolutely fine, is it possible to just get the spots and not much else?

OiWithThePoodlesAlready Fri 06-May-16 08:49:05

Looks like when my dd1 had it. She only had about 25 spots in total.

She was absolutely fine, a bundle of energy in fact. Which made staying inside for a week bloody difficult! No temperature or sing if illness at all.

ktmummy1 Fri 06-May-16 19:11:34

My dd was covered and left very scarred on her face but wasn't I'll as such, just uncomfortable due to the number of them. A year later she still has loads of facial pock marks so plaster with calamine and keep nails short!

SouperSal Fri 06-May-16 23:15:17

My 5 year old has come out with about a dozens pits like this tonight. It's the pox then. sad

WeAllHaveWings Fri 06-May-16 23:27:06

Baths with lots of bicarbonate of soda did the trick for me.

Ds was fine until they starting crusting up and itching. Then it was bicarbonate lukewarm baths even at 3am!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now