Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

worried bout my daughter

(6 Posts)
sammyjayneex Mon 25-Apr-16 21:25:01

So my 5 year old daughter came home from school tired Friday. By the night she has a temp and has a headache and had a bad dream. I gave her calpol to help her headache. Anyway she still has this high temp and headache and tummy a she, blocked nose and slight cough. I took her to the doctors who says it's just a viral infection but it's Monday now and no improvement! Is this a normal thing to happen?

grumpmitchell Mon 25-Apr-16 21:28:19

If it's any reassurance my 9 year old has had this, along with half of his classmates. It lasted about 5 days altogether.
But if in doubt ring the docs in the morning for reassurance - or possibly speak to a pharmacist?

sammyjayneex Mon 25-Apr-16 21:41:41

@grumpmitchell

Thank you!

I hate seeing my kids ill, I can't cope with it, I feel helpless and end up just worrying. She's asleep next to me so I can keep an eye on her.
Hope you son is better now!

sammyjayneex Mon 25-Apr-16 21:41:45

@grumpmitchell

Thank you!

I hate seeing my kids ill, I can't cope with it, I feel helpless and end up just worrying. She's asleep next to me so I can keep an eye on her.

sammyjayneex Mon 25-Apr-16 21:41:52

@grumpmitchell

Thank you!

sammyjayneex Mon 25-Apr-16 21:42:13

Sorry have no idea why that's posted 3 times

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now