Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

2 year old vomiting, 4 days so far

(13 Posts)
DizzeeBorg Fri 22-Apr-16 12:21:37

My DD became unwell on Monday, the first two days were like a normal bug, feeling sorry for herself sick every hour. The last two days she has been herself and playful with a good appetite but once or twice a day is inexplicably sick (huge volumes!). How long do I let it go on before we see someone? She seems well but she's only little and can't afford to lose too much weight.

Thank you!

Lweji Fri 22-Apr-16 12:24:03

When she starts eating again, it's usually recommended that she starts with smaller amounts of food and easily digested.

It looks like she's not digesting it at all and throws up when full.

Is she weeing regularly?

In any case, I'd try to see a gp for advice. And definitely keep an eye for early signs of dehydration.

DizzeeBorg Fri 22-Apr-16 12:44:42

Thank you, I'll try to make her go more steady on her intake. Shame it's Friday afternoon and getting a GP appointment would be impossible! Hopefully she'll be better by Monday.

DizzeeBorg Fri 22-Apr-16 12:45:23

I'm sure she's not dehydrated. Lots of wet nappies.

DizzeeBorg Sat 23-Apr-16 20:09:57

It happened again this evening (in a restaurant blush). She was the picture of health all day and then was sick whilst eating her dinner and fine again 5 minutes later.

abbsismyhero Sat 23-Apr-16 20:16:42

my son has just had this he was clear for 48 hours then was sick again i found excluding meat helped for some bizarre reason we both had it at the same time we ended up vegan then moved on to vegetarian we are just getting back to eating meat now almost two weeks later

DizzeeBorg Sat 23-Apr-16 20:29:17

Thank you. How long did it last? She's been vomiting since Monday 😳

Lweji Sat 23-Apr-16 22:03:12

Right.
I'd assume it was viral and would go full on disinfecting surfaces and clothes and anything that has come in contact with the vomit. Lots of hand washing. And wash clothes at the highest possible temperature.

This is to avoid reinfection.

DizzeeBorg Sun 24-Apr-16 10:37:15

Thank you. I feel like I'm doing a good job with disinfecting, my DS (3yo), DH and I are still standing strong. Given it's probably viral and she's otherwise well I think it's a case of waiting. Hopefully today will be the last day ☺️.

BertmacklinFBI Sun 24-Apr-16 10:41:13

To be honest until they are 48 hours free of ANY vomiting i wouldn't be taking them anywhere and certainly not a restaurant! !

The norovirus can hang around for up to 10 days and is highly infectious.

DizzeeBorg Sun 24-Apr-16 12:43:21

Yes, no defense for that one really. It had only been 24 hours.

MsMommie Sun 24-Apr-16 12:45:59

I think you should go and see a doctor today Hun, it's been a week and she's only little x

abbsismyhero Sun 24-Apr-16 18:13:39

he was sick on the monday/tuesday again on the thursday (pm) and was well enough for nursery by tuesday but to be honest any meat or too much milk food and he was looking pale again we lived on rice and pasta for a couple of weeks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now