Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Boys and their bits.

(6 Posts)
hemel07 Tue 19-Apr-16 19:33:13

Hi, my DS is almost 9 and seems to have small testicles. They are definitely both there but are small and move around a lot if that makes sense? He seems to have a lot of loose skin and then 2 small lumps inside. Sorry if not explaining this very well! Not sure if this is normal? He is my only DS so don't have anybody to compare with. Thanks.

TheAussieProject Wed 20-Apr-16 09:31:57

Has he never been checked before? When was his last yearly check up. With my boys, the doctor always checks penis and testicles.

I think it might be worth going to the GP and ask for a referral to an urologist. We were sent to one for DS2 because he had one retractile testicle, that is when it moves out of the sac and then back again. The risk is that it grows while in the body and unable to go down again. But everything turned out fine.

hemel07 Wed 20-Apr-16 14:26:54

We don't have those kind of check ups in the UK. I'll make an appointment. Thankyou .

TheAussieProject Thu 21-Apr-16 00:08:18

Yes, I have to discover they don't do "check ups" in the English system or the Australian one. DS1 was born in Switzerland and then we moved across several continental countries in Europe and in all, paediatricians attend to the children until they are 18 and a yearly check up is compulsory. Then we moved here and the first doctor I asked refused to do it unless there was a problem, the second was happy to do it.

Several issues were picked at these check up. But coming back to you, yes I think it is a good idea to see a male GP

hemel07 Thu 21-Apr-16 18:45:29

Saw GP yesterday. All is well! They are a bit high up, but not tethered so just to keep an eye. Thanks!

TheAussieProject Thu 21-Apr-16 20:51:41

Good!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now