Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Desperate times

(3 Posts)
Kfitz87 Tue 19-Apr-16 19:06:50

Hi all! I have a six week old daughter who was born three weeks early weighing 5'9lb. I'm breastfeeding and she now weighs 7'2lb and we're both doing great with the grub situation. However...she screams like she's in agony most days and is inconsolable. She pulls her legs up to her chest like she has the worst wind imaginable and I'm finding it really distressing. She has no problem burping and we do use Infacol. We've also been prescribed Ranitidine for reflux (baby gaviscon made her constipated) and have also been giving her Colief in a little expressed milk before each feed. Part of me feels like we shouldn't be stuffing all this medication into her but we're willing to try most things if it helps her. Having said that, she still screams all the time and I'm just wondering if anyone can give me some tips/things to try/similar experiences that may help? Thanks in advance 

SnuffleGruntSnorter Tue 19-Apr-16 19:10:53

Have you heard of purple crying?

goodenoughmum88 Tue 19-Apr-16 19:19:48

Congrats on your baby. The first stage is tough. Two things I can suggest are to drink fennel tea to help them pass wind and help sleep. 4 cups a day and in a day or two you may see a difference. And make sure they're not overtired. To start with babies really can't take much stimulation and need lots of sleep. Neither of mine could stay awake for more than an hour and a half for aggges. At 6 months they were just up to 2 hours between naps. It will pass. Xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now