Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

clarithromycin-have I cocked up?

(6 Posts)
romanrainsalot Tue 19-Apr-16 02:12:40

Son is v poorly. I noticed the liquid was thick. Nurse in hospital told me to keep it in the fridge. Drugs. Com says dont store it in fridge. Help! What to do. Poor ds is really struggling.

DropYourSword Tue 19-Apr-16 02:21:22

Different websites I checked say slightly different things, but assuming you're in the UK take it out of the fridge and store at room temperature, it won't overheat. You haven't cocked up at all. Give it a good shake before each dose. Hope your son starts feeling better soon.

romanrainsalot Tue 19-Apr-16 02:23:34

Will it still work even if its been chilled?

DropYourSword Tue 19-Apr-16 02:27:09

Yeah, I'd say so - I would only really worry if you'd frozen it. How long did you chill it for?

romanrainsalot Tue 19-Apr-16 02:31:00

24 hrs

DropYourSword Tue 19-Apr-16 02:33:17

Seems that refrigerating it won't change it's effectiveness at all, but may alter the texture and taste. So it might be a bit more gritty / unpleasant, but please don't worry, it will still do its job!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now