Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 Week Check Up

(5 Posts)
cj7689 Thu 14-Apr-16 21:36:56

Hi everyone,

I am looking for some advice regarding mine and my sons 6 week check up and HV visit.

My son is 6 weeks old on Saturday. We are booked in for our 6 week check up on Tuesday 19th and I have a home visit scheduled with my HV on Friday 22nd.

My family all live over 100 miles away and unfortunately my grandfather has passed away this morning 😞

I am desperately wanting to go down and be with my family for a few weeks until the funeral is out of the way but I am unsure what to do about the appointments mentioned above.

Can I cancel them? Can I rebook them for when I get back? Can I see a doctor/health visitor in my home town whilst I am spending time with my family?

Any advice or experience sharing would be greatly appreciated. I appreciate I can speak to the doctors in the morning but I really want to know now so that I can make arrangements.

Thankyou.

Stylingwax Thu 14-Apr-16 21:39:26

Rebook them for when you're back! Mine were 2 weeks late because I moved house and had to register at a new GPs and the Dr didn't bat an eyelid. It isn't worth another thought honestly.

SweepTheHalls Thu 14-Apr-16 21:40:10

Just cancel. Ours was at 9 weeks as I was ill at 6 weeks. IMO it was rather like taking a labrador to be hip and eye scored ! All they did was look at her eyes and wiggle her hips!

cj7689 Fri 15-Apr-16 13:46:14

Thankyou both for your help. I have cancelled the appointments xx

Stylingwax Fri 15-Apr-16 17:11:30

Pleasure. Sorry about your grandfather flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now