Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Achey knees in 2yr old.

(4 Posts)
LazyMilk Wed 13-Apr-16 19:21:43

Bare with me, this might be long!
A while ago, DS1 (2) went down for a nap but started really screaming after a little while. I think he might have hit his knees on his bed guard trying to climb out. He wouldn't put any weight on his legs for about half an hour and got very distressed when I left him to go for a wee. I gave him calpol and that seemed to ease it. Ever since that day, he's been randomly bursting into tears saying his knees hurt. Every time he says it I flex them and squeeze them and there's no obvious wincing, although today he did start limping when he said they hurt. There's no pattern, eg not after a busy day, and they don't 'hurt' all the time as he's still running around. I don't want to ignore it in case they do actually hurt, but at the same time he might have realised he gets a cuddle and an 'oh dearrr'. What would you do?

3boys3dogshelp Wed 13-Apr-16 19:25:46

I would get him checked. We had similar knee pain with ds 2 when he was about 2 1/2 or 3. It turned out to be referred pain from his hip joint which was caused by an odd post viral thing. 3 doctors missed it by just examining his knee!
There are a few other reasons why hips can be sore, some need treatment.
Hope he is ok.

3boys3dogshelp Wed 13-Apr-16 19:26:19

By the way ds is absolutely fine now.

LazyMilk Wed 13-Apr-16 20:42:16

thank you, i've managed to get an appt for the paed at our GP in the morning so we'll see what he says.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now