Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

No wet nappy over night (13 hours)

(7 Posts)
fuzzyllama Fri 01-Apr-16 09:39:31

Got my dd up this morning and she hadn't wet her nappy, usually it is fairly heavy. She fed at 7.30pm before bed and again at 1am in the morning. She had her vaccinations yesterday.

Any way, I have requested a call from gp as a little concerned. But since she has opened her bowels and had a good sized wee and another smaller wee. Have I done the right thing ? If she were dehydrated would she still have urine output ?

GlitteryFluff Fri 01-Apr-16 09:54:34

Bumping for you.
I've no advice.
DS's nappies are drenched every morning so I'd be surprised if it was dry.
Yes wait for GP to call and explain.

OhtoblazeswithElvira Fri 01-Apr-16 09:57:40

How old is she? It could be that she has started being dry in the night?

fuzzyllama Fri 01-Apr-16 10:07:08

She is only 19 weeks. Just seemed very unusual to not be wet. I don't think her nappy was wet either before I put her night time one on either. I'm glad she is passing urine this morning, but it just doesn't seem right to me that she hadn't been for a wee in probably 14 hours. Her soft spot isn't sunken so I take that as a good sign

fuzzyllama Fri 01-Apr-16 10:38:19

GP has called, not concerned as she has been passing urine this morning.

lougle Fri 01-Apr-16 10:42:23

Nappies can absorb a lot of urine before seeming wet. In NICU they with the nappies for that reason. If you're worried, I'd suggest you weigh her night time nappy before you put it on, then weigh it again tomorrow morning.

summerdreams Sat 02-Apr-16 22:21:47

I second the weighing thing thats what they do in hospital when my ds has been dehydrated. Some felt completely dry but actually were not as they weighed more.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now