Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

DS's breast lump has changed!

(3 Posts)
girlandboy Mon 28-Mar-16 19:56:22

My DS (15) has had a breast lump for about a year now. At one point it even produced a bit of fluid (milk??) I took him to the doctors and the doc examined him and took blood tests.

He said that his levels of prolactin were a bit high, repeated the tests but they all decided that they weren't too high and the situation would settle in a year or two. DS was very disappointed that it would take "years" and couldn't be sorted by taking a tablet!

Forward a year, and DS has come to me to show me the lump. It's now a different shape but really mobile. In fact you can grip it and it almost looks like it could pop out of the skin! He's of the opinion that he can have it cut out shock I just assumed that things were perhaps going back to normal, and it's shrinking away??

Basically, I just want to ask if anyone else's DS has experienced this? And if it sounds normal?

I will be taking him to the gp as soon as I can get an appointment, but the poor lad is getting all flustered about it.

Just need some ideas about it really....

girlandboy Mon 28-Mar-16 20:27:44

Anyone?

Bump!

Footle Tue 29-Mar-16 13:01:52

I'm not a medical person but I would want the GP to see him as soon as possible, because I would need to know what's going on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now