Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Sore willy on a 4 year old boy

(9 Posts)
flumox1978 Sat 05-Mar-16 22:14:03

My son has complained of a sore willy for about 4 days. At the beginning I though it was just a bit of sore skin at the top but he is now saying it hurts all over.

I noticed some small white dots of discharge in his pants - does this sound like thrush or perhaps a UTI?

Thanks for help. Of course these things always escalate in my mind on a saturday night...

amarmai Tue 08-Mar-16 20:38:09

when are you taking him to the dr? sounds like an infection and it's spreading .

MidnightVelvetthe5th Tue 08-Mar-16 20:39:52

My boy once had a fungal infection, the doctor said it's because little boys dont leave them alone smile

Your ds needs to see a doctor

MoonDuke Tue 08-Mar-16 20:42:28

DS2 had this (though younger). Was solved by no longer using bubble bath and dipping willy in an antiseptic solution until it cleared up (and using less sudocream though that won't be your case)

Hasn't come back though he's disappointed with no bubble baths still

MoonDuke Tue 08-Mar-16 20:43:07

But yes to doctors

Jitterybug Tue 08-Mar-16 20:48:19

My poor ds had similar symptoms and ended up having green discharge and a very very painful willy, he had to have antibiotics.

Never had it since but the memory of it stayed with him for a while. Try and get in at the GP asap.

dratsea Wed 09-Mar-16 04:57:31

As little boys we always get this. We grow out of it.

Girls get problems a bit later, but it is every month, for quite a long time.

Out2pasture Wed 09-Mar-16 05:05:15

I presume uncircumcised. is his foreskin pulled forward, is he able to pull it back? if there is no swelling some antifungal cream can be tried it's usually available over the counter speak to a pharmacist or take the little on in for a quick dr.'s check-up.

TheSkiingGardener Wed 09-Mar-16 05:24:24

We had similar. It was thrush and he had to use a weak form of canestan for a bit.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now