Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Elbow injury

(5 Posts)
ktmummy1 Tue 16-Feb-16 12:28:47

Hi, my 3 yr old fell off her bike at speed on Sunday. She hurt her left arm. She wouldn't let us touch her arm and wasn't using it. We took her to A&E on Sunday. She had Ibuprofen and calpol. When she saw the doctor, she was able to move it and he said it wasn't broken and sent us home. Two days later, she cries when I try to put her arm in to her sleeve and although she's using her arm, she's reluctant to let me near it. She shouts out in pain if I bend her arm in a certain way to get it in to her sleeve. I am not sure whether to go back to see a doctor?

Seeline Tue 16-Feb-16 12:33:46

Did they X ray?
My DS broke his elbow at that age and they nearly missed it on the X ray so it can be quite difficult to spot. His arm wasn't bruised and didn't swell, and he could use it, although obviously he was in pain.
If they didn't X ray, I would definitely go back to A+E.

ktmummy1 Tue 16-Feb-16 12:58:40

No they didn't X-ray. The doctor asked her to do a series of things, moving her arm this way and that. He said no break. She using it now but in pain when she twists it round to put into her tops etc...there is a bit of bruising coming out now but no swelling...

MiniCooperLover Mon 22-Feb-16 15:21:24

I'm very surprised they didn't x-Ray her. My DS has had a broken arm (at the elbow) and couldn't move it at all but he also had a broken collar bone which sounds a little more like your DD.

MiniCooperLover Mon 22-Feb-16 15:22:06

Oh another thing to wonder about is Pulled Elbow where it separates from the ligaments.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now