Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

groin rash what is this?! pics in comments!

(10 Posts)
RebeccaRHY1 Sat 13-Feb-16 19:17:31

So im talking little one to drs to get this checked out tomorrow but hes had this the last few days! Ive tried the usual sudocrem in it which hasnt done much!
He says it feels sore and wont let me touch it but its not itchy or anything. Its also at too of his bum too!
And i think its spread over the few days!
Any ideas!?
My son is 4
Thank you

AnotherTimeMaybe Sat 13-Feb-16 21:22:02

Did he eat something new? Did he go to the woods? Anyone's garden?

RebeccaRHY1 Sat 13-Feb-16 22:02:37

I dont think hes ate anything new. Or been in anyones garden. He was very unwell a week or so ago. Drs believed it was a virus but gave antibiotics as his ears were bad. He recently finished antibiotics. It came out around the time he finished those. Its all dry and slightly raised and seems to spread like the veins in a leaf. Its really strange!

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 13-Feb-16 22:04:33

is there a "hereld patch" looks like a red blotch ?

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 13-Feb-16 22:06:47

It would he around 2 cm in diameter. give or take a few mm

RebeccaRHY1 Sat 13-Feb-16 23:40:11

No theres no herald patch, just checked him again and its now on his lower tummy too :-/

LuluJakey1 Sun 14-Feb-16 00:03:35

Some antibiotics can cause this. I had a rash after one for a chest infection and was told they would not prescribe it again. It began with A.

AnotherTimeMaybe Sun 14-Feb-16 00:32:24

Rebecca has he taken those antibiotics before, it must be an allergic reaction to it!

RebeccaRHY1 Sun 14-Feb-16 12:12:28

Think he may have had them before once as a baby. It was amoxicillin. So could have developed allergy to penicillin if that could make a rash like this!? Will it just fade out on its own then?!

RebeccaRHY1 Sun 14-Feb-16 12:24:38

He did have loose stools while
On them too, but i thought that was pretty normal for any kind of antibiotic, that said he still has looser stools than normal now :-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now