Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Impetigo and now rash on body

(1 Post)

My DD age 5 had impetigo around her mouth at the start of December. She was given antibiotics and the rash went away after a few days. However, after Christmas I noticed a few pale spots on her thighs and arms - not quite the same as the impetigo spots, these ones look like fading chickenpox scars if that makes sense? She has had chickenpox, so we were confident it wasn't that.

About three weeks ago, the impetigo looked like it was reappearing. We were given Fucidin H cream this time and it cleared up very quickly. However, she still has this pale, raised rash, which is now on her upper arms, chest, tummy and thighs.

I mentioned it to the doctor when I got the cream but he didn't seem to think it was anything to worry about. But it hasn't gone, and I seem to find more spots every day. They are still fairly pale, but after her swimming lessons they turn quite bright, though have calmed down by the time we get home.

I have tried the Fucidin cream on them but it doesn't seem to have helped, so I'm not sure if they are linked to the impetigo or not. They are not itchy, pus filled or weepy, faded chickenpox scars is the best description I can come up with. DD is well otherwise, no fever or sickness. I tried to get another doctor's appointment today but no luck.

Does anyone have any ideas, or has had the same? She seems well and has had the rash for a month or so, so I am hoping it's nothing to worry about.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now