Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

what on earth is this? hives?

(7 Posts)
schmalex Wed 03-Feb-16 18:03:42

My DS has this rash on his arm, almost like nettle rash. He also had it yesterday but it went down after a couple of hours. Should I worry? What could be causing it?

TheGreatSnafu Wed 03-Feb-16 18:09:24

It looks like hives to me but I'm not a doctor - do you have any antihistamine that you can give him to see if it makes it go away? (orally or topical)

TheGreatSnafu Wed 03-Feb-16 18:09:55

Does he have any other symptoms?

schmalex Wed 03-Feb-16 18:15:24

No other symptoms. Pretty full of beans otherwise. I'll give him some Piroton and see what happens.

ThatEffingCreakyFloor Wed 03-Feb-16 18:16:31

looks like my DC's hives she's been covered in them on a couple of occasions, dr thinks it's linked to when she's had a virus. They disappear then reappear again in different places! Piriton syrup helps but we have had to just sit out & wait a few days each time for a bout to go. Generally fine in herself though. Search for urticaria for more info this might help you decide what it is
Hope gets better soon

schmalex Wed 03-Feb-16 18:40:16

Thank you both.

Sunbeam18 Wed 03-Feb-16 21:04:17

Definitely urticaria. I get it regularly too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now