Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Night terrors?

(2 Posts)
Roccosmam Fri 29-Jan-16 22:25:17

I desperately need help/advice I'm at my wits end. My 5 year old son has always been a big sleeper, often asks me to go to bed at 6.45 and enjoys a good 12/13 hours of uninterrupted sleep every night...until now. 6 days ago he started waking up every half an hour or so after 9pm saying he had tummy ache, we which soon realised wasn't really 'real' but he just can't lie down or keep his head on the pillow for more than a second.he is beside himself with fatigue...as r we. He isn't frightened of anything and doesn't remember anything the morning after. Has anyone else been through this with their child?

SiwanGwynt Sat 30-Jan-16 09:28:29

Mine went though a similar phase. He is a teenager now, so I am having to try and remember.

He would wake, but not really be awake, and be really upset and fretting. I used to take him out of his room, and chat to him and try and calm him. For us 'breaking the spell' by going into another room seemed to work.

I would rule out any health issues too, is he constipated? That can be unpleasant for kids.

Good luck.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now