Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Diarrhoea... but why?

(4 Posts)
DRSLondon Sun 24-Jan-16 07:47:29

My 10 month old has no fever and is very happy but has had diarrhoea for 2 days. Also for two mornings he's been sick in the night. Only a small amount. He has no appetite and isn't eating or drinking much at all.
I don't think it's a virus cos he's v happy in himself whereas the last time he was a misery guts.
Don't think it's teething...
What do you think?
Would you go to the doctors?

kelda Sun 24-Jan-16 07:49:29

It does sound like a virus. They are not always bad enough for a fever. Is he weeing as normal? That's the best indicator to see that he is getting enough fluid.

DRSLondon Sun 24-Jan-16 10:21:58

Thanks for your reply. He isn't weeing a lot but is a little. I'm chasing him around with his sippy cup and trying to keep him hydrated. He just got over a cold so it's annoying timing as he hasn't eaten well for 2 weeks now.

kelda Sun 24-Jan-16 11:27:15

Keep him hydrated - small amounts and often. Your pharmacist can advise if he needs rehydration salts or any other medication.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now