Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

5mo - first cold - anyone awake to hold my hand?

(5 Posts)
trebleclef101 Sat 16-Jan-16 05:08:16

Just that really!

DD is suffering from her first cold, I'm doing everything I can to keep her breathing as best she can through her blocked nose but sleep is coming in half hour naps at best and I think I've only had an hour or two at most so far.

Just as we were coming out of the four month sleep regression too sad

Sometimesithinkimbonkers Sat 16-Jan-16 05:28:35

Awwww have you got a sucker? The thing you use to suck snot out of their nose?
Prop up her cot on a couple of books too that will help.
Sleep is for losers! I'm the mummy of DS 6 ... Severe autism, we sedate with 2 meds and he still wakes at 2:30am that's his morning until we sedate at 7pm. Your body gets used to it! thanks

icklekid Sat 16-Jan-16 06:16:07

Snuffledrops are amazing at clearing everything out. A few drops of albas oil for children work wonders too- my health visitor recommended in a bowl of water by radiator so steams in air. It will get better option but for now brew

summerdreams Sat 16-Jan-16 11:21:30

I agree with sometimesithinkimbonkers sleep is for losers ive a 17 month old with severe silent reflux and a immune deficiensey we go from refluxing to another illness never had more then 4 hours sleep straight since he was born. If the cold goes on for a while get a calpol plug in there brilliant rase the mattress and allways check dds chest isn't sucking in under her ribs. Hope she feels better soon it's awfull when there unwell and there's nothing you can do flowers

trebleclef101 Sat 16-Jan-16 16:14:39

Thanks all, was one of the longest nights of my life but we survived!

I bought a snufflebaby sucker so have been using that, but will look into the calpol plug in and albas oil if there's no improvement, thanks.

Bonkers and summer, sounds tough, you both have my sympathies flowers

At least I know a cold will pass, but for now brewchocolate

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now