Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Is it worms?

(7 Posts)
BrandNewSlippers Wed 13-Jan-16 13:19:00

Sorry for yet another threadworms question but...

But when I changed my 2 year olds nappy this morning there were quite a few white stringy bits in it, sort of fibrous. I can't think of anything he's eaten that would result in this sort of nappy contents so I'm assuming worms. But he doesn't seem to be itchy/ agitated. Also the "worms" were all still, not wringling at all.

What do you reckon, worms or not?

RoganJosh Wed 13-Jan-16 13:19:58

Are they all the same length? Threadworms are pretty distinctive IME.

BrandNewSlippers Wed 13-Jan-16 13:24:47

Hmmm, one was about 1 cm and quite separate, the others were more embedded and hard to tell how long.

Jules125 Fri 15-Jan-16 22:30:19

I'm guessing "no" because you describe this as "fibrous". Any vegetable, high fibre food even wholemeal bread could result in passing "fibrous" stringy bits.

I think it is easier to spot if you look at night for any still crawling around his anus. If you want to be sure try this for a few nights, just before you go to bed.

It wouldn't hurt to treat him if you are not sure. Except the drugs are not cheap ...

Thurlow Fri 15-Jan-16 22:33:49

Having had them to the point where they were still wriggling around in the potty (worst moment of my parenting career) I wouldn't say they were fibrous. Small, white and moving, rather. Plus I believe that itching is more of a symptom than actually seeing worms.

Lweji Fri 15-Jan-16 22:33:54

Were they straight or more curled up as in a question mark ? or a 2?

Photos if they show up again.

BrandNewSlippers Fri 15-Jan-16 22:56:44

Thanks all,

There's been no more signs of them so pretty sure it was a false alarm (phew)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now