Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Red blotches on skin. eczema,impetigo,other?

(6 Posts)
Holls1 Mon 11-Jan-16 11:45:13

Hi, my little one is 20 months old now. When she was roughly 6 months old she got ringworm on her cheeks, we then used caniston and it cleared up.
Shortly after that what looks like eczema came back in the same place and eventually has started on her arms too.
We have tried every eczema cream known to man, and have started trying caniston again to no luck. We took her to the doctors today who has diagnosed it as impetigo, though he didn't seem too confident. He has prescribed her some antibiotics and some mild steroid cream and told us to go back in on Thursday.
Has anyone experienced this before and know what it really is? it's been going on far too long now and we can tell its hurting her so we just want it sorted, so I thought I would seek any advice on here.
Thanks

Sunflower1985 Mon 11-Jan-16 18:16:49

nhs guide

Any of these?

Holls1 Mon 11-Jan-16 21:44:55

Thanks for the reply, to me it seems like it could be either of the three mentioned above, i wish we could just find out what it is and treat it

Donge13 Tue 12-Jan-16 07:55:41

Looks like impetigo to me

Holls1 Tue 12-Jan-16 09:03:14

It's supposed to be highly contageous but nobody who she has had contact with has caught it, so that gave us doubts. But this morning after applying the cream and anti-biotics for under 24 hours there is a great improvement already!

Donge13 Tue 12-Jan-16 13:29:07

I'm no doctor but it does look like when the kids at school have had it

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now