Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Grommets

(5 Posts)
kpgsag Mon 11-Jan-16 00:26:32

My nearly 3 yo LG had grommets inserted last week after numerous recurrent ear infections. Op went well but I have a problem when washing her hair. She is and has been so sensitive around the ear area that for the life of me she will not let me put vaseline coated cotton wool in her ears or ear plugs for that matter. Help! What can I do? Has any other mummies experienced this with their child and what did you do? Tia smile x

MerryInthechelseahotel Mon 11-Jan-16 00:42:01

Did was the same. Still hates anything in her ears and freaks out even now and she's 18 now with 7 operations for insertion of grommets behind her!

Re hair wash, lying her in a shallow bath might help and washing carefully so water doesn't enter her ears. Good luck

AnotherTimeMaybe Mon 11-Jan-16 03:22:25

We put ear plugs which takes less time and not as fiddly !!

ktmummy1 Mon 11-Jan-16 08:15:29

Could you get a cheap pair of headphones eg from a home bargains type store, even pound shops do them I think. At least these go over her ears and not in them. Then wash hair using a jug.

kpgsag Mon 11-Jan-16 08:48:44

Thank you!! Going to try the ear plugs again if they fail then will try the headphone trick! Wish us luck 🍀 :-S

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now