Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Vomiting after 4 month immunisations.

(12 Posts)
LONC2012 Sat 02-Jan-16 21:30:07

Hi all, my 4 month old baby boy had his vaccinations on Thursday afternoon, when we got home he was fine to begin with, then got irritable and upset before going to sleep. He was twisty on New Year's Day, sore legs from injection site but was okay.
Got up this morning (Saturday) and he fed at 10am leaving around 2oz which is pretty standard for his first bottle. Then around 11:30 he vomitted everywhere! He was happy in himself afterwards and no temp. He then had 3 poops (diarrhoea)
He has since 10 fed at 1,3:30 and 6 but has only had about 6/7oz when he usually had 7oz every 3 hours. I then fed him at 8:30 and after 2oz started fussing and then he vomitted everywhere again.
Do you think this is all related to
His jabs?
I have made some cool boiled water to try him with, I'm so worried he will get dehydrated.
Has anyone else had a baby react to jabs this way? He was fine with the last two lots.

X

LONC2012 Sat 02-Jan-16 21:33:33

Sorry he actually had them Wednesday afternoon not Thursday!

CwtchMeQuick Sat 02-Jan-16 21:47:44

Is he teething? Sometimes that can upset their stomachs.
Not sure if it could be related to the jabs. How does he seem in himself now? I wouldn't worry too much about him getting dehydrated if he's still taking fluids and has only vomited twice. Just keep an eye and make sure he's still having wet nappies.
Sorry I don't have any real advice. Hope he's better tomorrow!

LONC2012 Sat 02-Jan-16 22:00:41

Thank for your reply, he has been dribbling a lot lately so it could be his teeth but health visitor said it was developmental!
Both times he was sick it was a lot of it! Just hope that's all of it up now, he seems okay, he is fast asleep now.
I'm such a worrier!
I hope he is better too thank you. X

CwtchMeQuick Sat 02-Jan-16 22:41:35

The jabs could have made him feel under the weather and vomiting caused by lots of dribbling.
Try not to worry too much. He's sleeping and keeping some fluids down so that's good.
If he starts being sick after every feed then I'd be inclined to get him checked over.
Try to get some rest!

LONC2012 Sun 03-Jan-16 07:44:52

He woke at 2, changed his nappy which was very dry considering how full it usually is at that time. Then he had 4oz without being sick, went back to sleep till 7, changed his nappy again and was the same as the previous one really dry. Gave him some milk but he only took 2oz. Still no sick so fingers crossed xx

eurochick Sun 03-Jan-16 08:13:58

Each set of jabs made my daughter a bit pukey and the MMR was the worst for it.

CwtchMeQuick Sun 03-Jan-16 18:30:18

How has he been today?

LONC2012 Sun 03-Jan-16 21:46:34

He has been quite twisty, I have fed him 2/3 hourly and he has taken smaller amounts then usual but no sick today.
Turns out it must be a bug as my dp has been demoted to the couch and my 3 year old is in bed with mummy as he has thrown up twice! I also have horrible tummy ache and feel sick so no wonder my little baby has been so unhappy! If he has had tummy ache like me it won't be nice for him!
Both fast asleep for now!

wallywobbles Sun 03-Jan-16 23:21:16

DD2 was pretty sick after her vaccinations, but only about a week later. Long time ago now so can't remember exactly.

CwtchMeQuick Mon 04-Jan-16 14:59:25

So sorry to hear you're all poorly. I hope you're feeling better today

LONC2012 Mon 04-Jan-16 18:02:34

My 3 year old has been hit the worst! He was sick all through the night for about 8 hours every 20-30 mins. He has been laid on the couch all day - not like him at all!

Hopefully tomorrow we will be all refreshed! My sister has taken the little one so we can all catch up on some sleep!
Thanks for your concern xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now