Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

6 yr old weakening most nights crying and confused

(2 Posts)
PJ67 Thu 10-Dec-15 23:27:10

For quite a while my 6 yr old dis is weakening up about 11.30 crying. He will sometimes get out of bed and speak. It doesn't seem quite with it. I usually just take him straight back to bed and he settles. He doesn't really remember getting up. Does this sound like night terrors, sleepwalking or something else?

Kaboom Fri 11-Dec-15 17:47:05

Hi, my ds used to do a similar thing, but usually when he needed the toilet, was too hot or had a bad day. He would get up and walk, or speak, various things. He's a really deep sleeper. He hardly remember it the next day. I got used to waking up if I heard anything. He's pretty much grown out of it now, very occasionally he takes a stroll. Nothing too far. I also did this as a kid, only I used to walk far sometimes, I remember feeling half asleep & half awake. Usually when I was stressed or worried.
I'm not suggesting your son is stressed, my ds is really laid back, just trying to give examples.
I thought night terrors were more dramatic screaming & such, but I'm no expert.
I guess the usual, if your concerned the doctor might have ideas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now