Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Hand foot and mouth

(2 Posts)
Osospecial1 Wed 01-Jul-15 16:59:35

My DD(5) has had spots/blisters on feet and legs since last Sat and doctor has said that's it's likely to be hand foot and mouth as it's spread to her hands today. I know she needs to be kept off school until Monday but didn't find out from the doctor how contagious I am. I've read up a bit and know a couple of people whose children have had it and the adults have never caught it and it seems it's not easily passed to other adults but does it still mean I am carrying the virus even if I have no symptoms? How careful should I be about spreading it, in work etc? Thanks

TheHouseOnBellSt Thu 02-Jul-15 09:33:41

No you haven't got it. Both of my DDs had it (horrible thing that it is!) and I just went about my business. Obviously I avoided small babies and things just incase DD had germed me up...it's very contagious so keep any vistors with babies away.

Hope she gets better soon.x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now