Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yo headache and temp of 38.4, just a bug or trip to OOH needed?

(4 Posts)
louiseee123 Sat 27-Jun-15 20:07:44

Hey just after a bit of advice,

My ds suddenly at dinnertime started complaining of pain in his head and eyes by screaming (ALOT!) I checked his temperature and it was 38.4, i gave him calpol and he perked up. Refusing point blank to eat anything though. He's been really snotty and kept bring up bits of phlegm(sorry)

Once the calpol wore off he was back to the constant crying, complaining of headache and really lethargic and falling asleep.

It's 24 degree's in his bedroom but he was complaining he was cold and wanted trousers on, now i'm worried about overheating because he's already boiling

Would this constitute a trip to out of hours doctor or is it just a bug?

bobajob Sat 27-Jun-15 20:10:43

I'd be concerned about screaming about pain in the head/eyes - is he complaining about bright lights at all?

VertdeTerre Sat 27-Jun-15 20:13:58

OP if you are worried, I'd phone NHS 111 for advice.

louiseee123 Sat 27-Jun-15 20:43:41

bobajob No complaints about bright lights.

He's in bed now and is a bit unsettled talking a lot which he doesn't usually do but he feels like he's cooling down.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now