Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

reflux/sickness and cows milk

(5 Posts)
HeiressesGiltnor Wed 24-Jun-15 23:14:02

My DS is almost 10 months old. He was bf until he was 4 months old but he had terrible reflux - or at least that's what the doc thinks it was. Basically he was and still is a very vomity baby. When he was BF he'd feed continually and then just bring it all back up over the next few hours. We tried many things, none worked. I'm not sure the diagnosis of reflux was correct.

Switched to formula (a thickened comfort feed) and he improved immediately. Then we tried an anti reflux one and it was a miracle. He now vomits normal amounts of milk up. He's ok with solids but does still bring up more than most babies. It's manageable though.

Today I tried giving him normal formula and he couldn't even drink it because he's used to a thick 'milkshake' style drink. It just came straight back up too.

When do sicky babies stop being sicky babies??? I'm beginning to wonder if he'll be able to drink normal cows milk when he's 1, or if we'll have to keep the formula up for even longer!

Anyone else had this?

captaincake Fri 26-Jun-15 19:08:51

13 months and waiting here sad Have allergies been looked into?

HeiressesGiltnor Fri 26-Jun-15 20:19:35

The doctor said it was probably a cows milk allergy. I cut all milk out of diet for 3 months whilst I was breastfeeding and it didn't make the slightest difference. The anti reflux milk has been the only 'cure' and I assumed if it was a milk allergy then the reflux milk wouldn't make much difference?

He's just woken up in his cot covered in sick :-( poor baby!

HeiressesGiltnor Fri 26-Jun-15 20:20:20

Does your baby have allergies?

I'd describe my DS as a happy spitter... But I'm not so happy!

FermatCode Tue 30-Jun-15 13:30:42

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now