Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

12 week old with bout of vomiting

(6 Posts)
Kent1982 Wed 10-Jun-15 09:47:49

Hi last night I heard the sound of a poo from my 12 week old so I went to his cot and it was wet through with sick. The patch covered 12inch. I took him to change him and it was like double the quantity of normal all up his back, all over he then was sick again. Not just a little blob it was lots and he was properly being sick quite a lot. He also lost all his colour

I've spent rest of night watching him and have since fed him twice with no further sick. He is breast fed and I'm wondering if something I ate could have upset his tummy or if it could be something more serious. He seems back to normal now and happy, he has done a wee this morning but no further poo. I had a very garlicky dinner yesterday could that be it.

Should I try him on formula if I could be making him poorly. I hope I'm totally over reacting but I'm really worried I was crying more than him

Any advice appreciated

SolemnStollen Wed 10-Jun-15 09:55:27

My now 18 week old (ebf) has done this about once a week since she was 12 weeks - it seems like the entire contents of her stomach is coming out and it goes everywhere. It was really scary the first time but she has been fine, smiling afterwards and feeding again normally or a bit more frequently afterwards. It's like once some comes out the floodgates are open and it all does. As long as he is having wet nappies and seems fine you probably don't need to worry, go with your instincts.

SolemnStollen Wed 10-Jun-15 09:57:31

Oh sorry I didn't see the bit about the poo, my DD just does the vomit bit!

Kent1982 Wed 10-Jun-15 10:06:51

To be fair he only had that 1 poo all day so it could have been a build up of poo. I feel much better now about it thank you. Xx

Spidergirl2015 Thu 11-Jun-15 14:49:08

If it is a vomitting bug, the best thing to do is keep offering bfeeds. If he keeps being constantly sick then maybe get him checked over, but wet nappies is a good sign.

seaoflove Thu 11-Jun-15 14:52:25

He hasn't had the rotavirus vaccine recently, has he?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now