Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Late developer

(6 Posts)
louisenew Tue 02-Jun-15 21:47:15

I'm starting to really worry about my DD. She is 16 months old and still has no teeth and isn't walking. She's bright as a button and very fast at crawling and walking on her knees but isn't keen on walking at all. She'll stand up (to mess with things!!) And walk a few steps if I hold her hands and she'll push a a brick trolley but not for long.
She also doesn't have any teeth. I was a late teether too but this is really late! I've made an appt at the dentist and have seen HV but I was wondering if anyone else has had experience of either of these things. She wasn't premature and wasn't late crawling or anything.TIA X

ragged Tue 02-Jun-15 21:50:11

okay the walking isn't anything to think about. She's totally normal there.

Some reassuring anecdotes here about the late teeth. Unusual, but not wildly weird. Be grateful you've been saved some brushing battles, methinks.

louisenew Tue 02-Jun-15 22:09:09

Thank you so much ragged. I hadn't seen that post about the teeth. I'm going to start brushing her gums and see if that helps.
You think the walking isnt too much of a prob? I did NCT and all the other babies in the group are walking now. I'm worried its because I'm not home with her encouraging her. She's with a childminder who I trust but she's unconcerned about the walking so maybe isn't trying with her xx

thehomesecretary Tue 02-Jun-15 22:14:49

My DD didn't get her first tooth until she was 18 months old. I was getting very worried until I talked to a friend, whose LO had been toothless until the week before her second birthday. Unusual but nothing to worry about! (My DD got all her teeth in very quick succession once she started!)

louisenew Tue 02-Jun-15 22:20:59

Thanks @thehomesecretary! Here's hoping dd is the same. Did your dd suffer less with teething do you think? X

BarbarianMum Thu 04-Jun-15 10:13:05

Her teeth will come when they're ready to. Not walking at 16mo is not unusual and as she's mobile and will weight bear there is nothing to worry about there either. Enjoy your baby smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now