Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

blotchy rash? doesn't go with glass

(14 Posts)
summerdreams Sun 31-May-15 17:54:13

My son is 9 months old has a double ear infection tonsillitis an has been feverish had him straight at the dr wednesday since he has a condition where he lacks a blood cell that fights infection he was given antibiotics straight away he's still unwell temperature under control with calpol and is eating and drinking reasonably well but im a little worried about the rash thats come up this afternoon, its just blotchy red not raging just there and doesn't go away with glass I was gonna take him to a&e but then he ate a roast dinner and has been playing all afternoon. He also has a milk protein/lactose intolerence and was wondering if the bannana flavoured liquid ammoxcillin might have lactose or something init? No ingredients written on bottle. Any ideas would you take him to a & e when acting so well? Any ideas much appreciated

MissBattleaxe Sun 31-May-15 17:55:11

Ring NHS Direct.

AllThatGlistens Sun 31-May-15 17:58:15

Straight on the phone to NHS 111 or your Out of Hrs GP

summerdreams Sun 31-May-15 18:03:31

Thanks thats what I was thinking my problem with out of hours gp is when my son was 3 monts started turning blue nhs direct sent me to out of hours gp where the dr told me he didnt turn blue and I was paranoid took him to a&e and ended up in hdu for a week with apnea due to severe so after the argument I had with the dr in the out of hours gp i dont have much faith in them and prefer a&e

Tomuchcake Sun 31-May-15 18:06:29

Well go a&e then. Not that difficult really

PotteringAlong Sun 31-May-15 18:07:48

A non blanching rash? A&E, now.

Tomuchcake Sun 31-May-15 18:07:56

Altho, with them symptoms, u don't think I would...

alwaysabattle Sun 31-May-15 18:14:00

Please take him to a&e kids can fade quickly and with his other problems he needs checking hope he's ok

AllThatGlistens Sun 31-May-15 18:18:53

If you don't trust the GP and your little one has already been seriously ill then it's straight to A&E.

alwaysabattle Sun 31-May-15 18:35:37

Yes I said a&e as you don't trust gp. Keep us posted

withalittlebitofluck Sun 31-May-15 18:40:19

I would get it checked at a and e.

My daughter too has this and a and e would rather see a child than not

Theboxtrollsareallowed Sun 31-May-15 20:32:23

Just go to A&E, it does not matter if he picks up there or is all fine - they would rather see you & your LO - your post gives enough red flags just to take him down there.

alwaysabattle Mon 01-Jun-15 10:22:19

How is your little one this morning

anniebear71 Sat 06-Jun-15 08:49:55

Hope all ok x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now