Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Head wound in 3 yo treated with glue

(8 Posts)
taralou89 Tue 19-May-15 18:55:02

Hi, it's my first time here so i am hoping i've posted in the right place!

Anyway my 3yo fell down the stairs last Wednesday and hit his head on our radiator at the bottom resulting in a nasty head wound and a trip to A&E!

The doctor used glue to fix it and we managed to cut away most of the hair from around the wound last night which was caked in glue. Today the area around it has what i can only describe as big pussy spots all around and the tissue around it is pink.
Anyone have any idea what these spot like things could be any whether or not it's normal?!
Will try get a doctors appointment tomorrow, but don't want to feel as though i'm wasting their time!

Thanks in advance

imip Tue 19-May-15 19:01:15

Dds did this late last year. Her scar/glue was pretty messy. You're not supposed to wash it, and the glue seemed to dry like superglue - white around the edges. It was dirty, dried blood etc and stayed like that for about a week we were allowed to wet it again. But if it is full of pus and reddish, it sounds more like an infection, which may be a dr thing. If it was an ordinary cut in my dcs, I'd spray a dry antibiotic solution. I usually do this for good measure if they have cut themselves/fallen over badly. It stings a little so I do it when they sleep. If it looks nasty though, drs would be best.

MrsEvadneCake Tue 19-May-15 19:03:08

When my DS had a glued head he didn't have anything like that. It could either be other small cuts that are sore/infected or a reaction to the glue? I would say a doctors trip would be a good idea.

taralou89 Tue 19-May-15 20:15:36

Thanks, I'm swaying more towards a reaction to the glue as I have several allergies myself one being to adhesives found in plasters etc The not washing it is a pain, as I want to clean it up but am worried about the glue coming off if I do! I feel so usless, the wound itself looks OK its just the area surrounding it, will try to upload a picture if i can figure it out!

taralou89 Tue 19-May-15 20:19:04

The spots are all on the right of his wound

MrsEvadneCake Tue 19-May-15 21:55:52

I have a latex and plaster allergy. It could well be that then, they do look like a rash.

ifitsnotanarse Tue 19-May-15 22:07:43

I'd bring him to the GP. It does look like a reaction. DS had an injury glued together but it never looked like that.
Hope it gets better soon.

taralou89 Wed 20-May-15 09:34:28

Just back From doctors, it's infected and is possibly impetigo. Medicine to be tAken 4 times a day now....thanks everyone smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now