Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Problems with veins in wrist ... advice please

(6 Posts)
frazzledbutcalm Mon 11-Aug-14 21:20:06

Dd aged 11. Has several problems, unconnected to this problem. I don't know what this is, although I also have the same problem (different area).
So, problem - the veins in dd wrists are VERY, VERY painful. The only relief she gets is when we put freeze gel on them or a freeze gel pack. There's small bruising there now which to me, means the vein has had a small bleed. Can anyone shed any light on this condition and what it means?
TIA

Sarah121 Tue 12-Aug-14 01:43:48

Sure she's not knocking them? Bumping them accidentally at the dinner table etc.?

frazzledbutcalm Tue 12-Aug-14 07:48:10

Thanks for your reply sarah. No, it's the underside of her wrists. All her veins there are very sore. She's complained for 2 days solid. Can't get appt at GP til Monday! It happens to me but only last a couple of minutes. Those couple of minutes are REALLY painful, sharp stabbing red hot pain, extremely itchy then it stops and I've got a bruise. I can only say a blood vessel has burst/had a small bleed but I'm not sure if that can even happen?
But 2 days for dd is a long time. It's definitely from the veins.

frazzledbutcalm Tue 12-Aug-14 07:48:45

Sorry, meant to say she's not knocked them.

frazzledbutcalm Tue 12-Aug-14 22:46:10

Anyone have any experience or ideas?

frazzledbutcalm Thu 21-Aug-14 22:12:10

Been to GP .. he said he thinks pain is connected to her hypermobility hmm
I explained it's the veins that hurt, not the wrist itself. Going to go back and see different GP.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now