Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

threadworms in nursery - should I treat?

(3 Posts)
TinyTear Wed 09-Jul-14 10:41:31

we just got an email to say there is a case of threadworms in my DD's class, and it has been treated.

they emailed us so we can keep an eye on things, but I am wondering if I should treat?

DD is 2.6 and currently potty training, as are most of the kids in her class. she knows about washing hands, wiping her bottom and so on... but i am not there to supervise...

She is good with wees but not so good with poos, so I actually had to clean up some accidents recently and haven't seen anything strange in her poo

I will be washing everything deeply just in case and she sleeps with nappy, pyjama and sleeping bag still, so hope there isn't night time scratching...

Would you treat? or just keep an eye on things?
Thanks

Misspilly88 Wed 09-Jul-14 10:43:34

I would just keep an eye on her, if she gets an itchy bottom or you see scratch marks by her bottom (they often scratch bum in their sleep). Threadworms are forever going round at nursery. Sounds like you are doing all the right things to keep her clean etc.

TinyTear Wed 09-Jul-14 10:45:16

Thanks! Shall keep an eye (she scratches her back sometimes but that is mostly dry skin and moisturinging helps... i keep her nails quite short because of that as well...) and at least pre-warned is good...

i wouldn't have a clue otherwise...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now