Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Birthmarks changing colour?

(4 Posts)
therealeasterbunny Mon 07-Jul-14 21:08:57

My 18mo has quite a large birthmark at the bottom of his spine. It is usually quite pale in colour, but recently I've noticed that it goes bright red sometimes? This evening half of it is really red and looks a bit like a it might have changed shape. I think I will take him to the doctor just to be on the safe side, but in the meantime (because I am a worrier and am now a bit panicked about it!), does this sound normal? Is it something which happens to birthmarks? I don't have any so I've never paid any attention to them before DS!

genome Wed 09-Jul-14 08:30:44

My dd has one on her forehead which is pale usually but gets red if she gets warm or has a tantrum! It's never changed shape though. I guess its probably normal but never hurts to check.

fishchipsandmayonnaise Wed 09-Jul-14 08:55:39

Thank you for your reply :-)

I took DS to the doctors yesterday and they said that it is nothing to worry about. Phew!

genome Wed 09-Jul-14 09:06:36

Glad its ok smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now