Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Night pain / discomfort

(3 Posts)
TallGiraffe Tue 22-Apr-14 07:11:34

DS is 19 months and has always been an awful sleeper. But I'm beginning to think there might be a medical problem behind it. Before I make a fool of myself at the GP, I wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts.

He cries, whimpers and moans when he's asleep, tossing and turning. He comes into our bed when he's woken up really distressed (every night) but then his sleep is disturbed for the rest of the night. Last night I tried counting the number of times I soothed him back to quiet sleep and it was between 20 and 30. Which tbh is a killer for me. He never wakes up from sleeping happy, he's crying before he surfaces up. If he has calpol or neurofen at bedtime for teething, he will sleep 12 hours without a whimper!

He's happy and cheery during the day confused

Mushypeasandchipstogo Tue 22-Apr-14 14:52:59

I had a DS just like that! I found the HV and GP pretty useless TBH. He grew out of it by about 3 and now at 12 is a sound sleeper. I think that perhaps it was some sort of colic as when he was a little older he could tell us what the matter was. Good luck!

TallGiraffe Tue 22-Apr-14 17:11:51

That's good to hear we're not alone and that your DS grew out of it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now