Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

What's wrong with dd's toe?

(5 Posts)
VivaLeBeaver Sat 19-Apr-14 20:07:10

Will upload photo but its not great quality.

Ignore the mucky big toe! Next toe has a funny red lump. She tells me she's had it for two years. Its painful if she touches it or if something presses on it, like some shoes might irritate it. Doesn't seem to have a head on it, skins not broken.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 19-Apr-14 20:07:59

Photo might help.

MerdeAlor Sat 19-Apr-14 20:11:18

I can't see the photo well as I'm on my phone but she could have a small cyst under the skin from footwear rubbing on it. Alternatively there could be a corn or callus in there, again due to rubbing. It sounds like the first thing is most likely so she needs to get shoes with a deeper toe box to stop the shoe from rubbing it.

VivaLeBeaver Sat 19-Apr-14 20:21:47

Thanks. She either lives in Uggs or her school shoes which are awful ballerina type things (joys of teens). I think she's just about outgrown the school shoes so we'll replace those. Thanks.

MerdeAlor Tue 22-Apr-14 07:44:08

No problem Viva ballerina shoes are the devils work and would certainly cause this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now