Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Help feeling terrible that ds has possible Kidney infection anyone up?

(6 Posts)
craziedaisy Fri 04-Apr-14 23:49:07

Quick history ds had tummy pains and fever since Monday. Took him to GP on Tuesday. Thought it was possibly a virus but I suggested uti so tested it . Said maybe as white blood cells so started on trimethoprim. Seemed to pick up yesterday but this afternoon temp and tummy pains started again. Phoned for results of sample to be told nothing grown but white blood cells. Took him to oh tonight and told possible kidney infection as white blood cells and protein in urine. Feel if I had pushed more fluid into him he might have got better instead of going down hill. More antibiotics prescribed but no 24 hour pharmacy in the 15 mile radius so have to wait until morning. Temp now asleep normal. Do I wake him through the night for drinks? Feel like I have neglected him. Should be really be a drip? Will he have scarring?

LUKYMUM Fri 04-Apr-14 23:53:47

I didn't want to just read and run. I don't know enough to comment but hope he gets better soon.

craziedaisy Sat 05-Apr-14 12:06:38

On our way to childrens ward. Not happy with diagnosis so back to oh and new GP worried about appendicitis.? Feeling really anxious ....

LUKYMUM Sun 20-Apr-14 18:46:26

How's your little ds?

craziedaisy Mon 21-Apr-14 09:55:25

Hi Luckymum. Thank you for asking. Not great and he has really been through the mill the last fortnight. He saw another doctor at the hospital who dismissed a kidney infection and said a virus. Seemed to pick up and then this Wednesday the pain got so bad he vomited and passed out. He was readmitted to hospital where they said a uti, but latest results have not grown any bacteria again. Now at home waiting for an outpatients appointment. Don't how long we will have to wait but very worried. Wanted to really know if it could be kidney stones. Anyone have a child with stones?

LUKYMUM Wed 23-Apr-14 01:42:22

I'm so sorry to hear that. Keep us posted on how he's getting on.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now