Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Ideas on rash please

(7 Posts)
jai38 Thu 27-Mar-14 06:46:27

Morning all

My four year old dd has had bad molluscum contagium badly and have been to the drs and have got topical cream as they get slight infected. But since yesterday we seem to have a new rash that is spreading - I think it is new and do thinks it is the same so opinions please?

They are itchy

Thanks

Bumbez Thu 27-Mar-14 06:53:21

Have you changed your washing powder? Could it be contact dermatitis?

AuditAngel Thu 27-Mar-14 06:53:27

They look like bites to me. Could she have come into contact with any pets? Perhaps flea bites? If no pets, has she been where foxes may have been?

jai38 Thu 27-Mar-14 06:56:37

Thanks -we have cats but no fleas - it is also on her face now but smaller

No change in washing powder

jai38 Thu 27-Mar-14 06:57:15

Oh and none on her trunk -on legs, arms, face and bum

goldenlula Thu 27-Mar-14 12:15:11

It could possibly be hand, foot and mouth. Ds2 had it in October last year and it looked similar, he had it from his knees downwards and his elbows downwards and it was itchy, but he had it on the soles of his feet and the palms of his hands, which blistered. The ones on his legs and arms (and bottom I think) didn't blister.

jai38 Thu 27-Mar-14 15:33:13

Going to collect from school so I will see what has happened to it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now