Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

3yr old DS is 2 days post eye surgery and climbing the walls!

(7 Posts)
MrsNouveauRichards Wed 26-Mar-14 12:38:52

He is currently wrestling with a pop up laundry hamper having already ridden the back of the sofa.

He hasn't even had any painkillers since yesterday lunchtime!

He isn't allowed to go anywhere dusty or sandy, can't do anything where he might bump himself, so park, preschool, soft play are all out, not allowed to swim.

We have done games, sticker books, films etc, and we are planning some baking later and a trip around Sainsburys, but he needs a proper tear around, but can't!

Anyone got s treadmill? grin

Middleagedmotheroftwo Wed 26-Mar-14 12:40:21

Could you go for a walk in the country, avoiding parks etc - just somewhere where he could kick a ball and roun around?

MrsNouveauRichards Wed 26-Mar-14 12:56:24

We walked his sister to Ballet yesterday, but he had to hold my hand the whole time to keep him from running, climbing walls etc...

Today we have rain and hail stones - not helpful! grin

MrsNouveauRichards Wed 26-Mar-14 16:14:28

So a trip around Sainsbury later and it has knocked the edge off him grin

pudseypie Wed 26-Mar-14 16:25:17

You have my sympathies. .my ds is now 3 weeks post major bowel surgery and I can't contain him. He's meant to take it easy but how do you tell a 2 year old that?

Authentique Wed 26-Mar-14 17:57:21

I hav eno advice for you but I wanted to let you know I sympathize. Can/does he wear protective glasses? That still won't help with the no bumping etc.

MrsNouveauRichards Wed 26-Mar-14 19:26:43

I think the only thing harder than keeping him quiet would be keeping glasses on him! I had considered it though!

We are going to do some baking tomorrow, and I might get him doing some cleaning grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now