Mumsnet has not checked the qualifications, experience, or professional qualifications of anyone posting on Mumsnet Talk and cannot be held responsible for any advice given on the site. If you have any serious medical concerns about your child, we would urge you to consult your GP.

Baby with cows milk allergy

(3 Posts)
laura2323 Tue 25-Mar-14 12:36:31

My 22week dd got diagnosed with cows milk allergy and reflux last week. She is on nutrimigen milk alongside ranitidine and domperidone. We have also been advised to start weaning. So far she has only had fruit purées.
My only concern is she is still projectile c vomiting but instead of "vomit" it looks like water but smells of her milk! She also has constant hiccups.
Is this normal or do we need to go back to the hospital?

Pobblewhohasnotoes Tue 25-Mar-14 22:34:22

Which Nutramigen milk is it? One form is a hydrolysed formula which still contains milk protein but it's broken down more and meant to be more easily digestible. The other (like Neocate) has no milk protein at all and is amino acid based. This is often given if the hydrolysed formula isn't tolerated.

The other thing is, it can take a week or two for meds and new milk to show a difference.

stottiecake Wed 26-Mar-14 22:11:10

Hi there! My son has cmpa but i'm afraid I don't know much about the various formulas but you could also try asking on the allergy topic (in this health section) there is also a cmpa support group on facebook. the ladies on the fb group often discuss problems and reactions to formula so someone may have some advice. All the best smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now