Mumsnetters aren't necessarily qualified to help if your child is unwell. If you have any serious medical concerns, we would urge you to consult your GP.

"my willy hurting"

(7 Posts)

Says ds (21 mo) I can't see anything abnormal at all with it. Is there a phase where they get more feeling or something which he could be interpreting as hurting? He's said it about 4 times now when changing him. I think maybe he's just picking up on me responding to him about it and so saying it again for the resulting conversation but just wondering whether anyone elses ds went through this?

DS had a tight foreskin and went through a phase of soreness with one UTI too. Maybe that? The initial treatment is to encourage them to play with it to see if it will stretch a bit...

Sparklyboots Tue 25-Mar-14 10:57:14

My DS gets this infrequently, he is 3.3. DP assures me it is normal (for him, obvs). It can be because he gets a bit of a woody, which can be uncomfortable, and it can be to do with a bit of wee in the foreskin/ the foreskin stretching. My DS also can feel uncomfortable just through getting an erection at night if he's wearing a nappy, so it can be that straightforward. It is worth keeping and eye on, because some children do have a problematically tight foreskin/ small hole but it can also be just a normal part of growing. Nowt to worry about unless it becomes frequent, on going or acute.

Thank you both.

I'm assuming he's too young to be having those issues though with tight foreskin? Maybe not, but you said your ds was 3, did he have pain younger than that?

I guess it could be a UTI but he's not running a temperature or anything.

Sparklyboots Tue 25-Mar-14 20:40:39

DS has been having little erections since he was a baby. Not proper, upright, winking-at-you type erections, just little chubbies where it's a bit fuller of blood. Tis par for the course AFAIK.

Theironfistofarkus Tue 25-Mar-14 20:44:24

Could be balinitis

SaveTheMockingBird Tue 25-Mar-14 20:47:39

I've just today taken DS 5.5yrs to the GP as he has been complaining of a sore and stinging willy for a couple of weeks now. Doctor said there is no infection there but the foreskin is quite tight and perhaps a bit of wee is getting trapped behind it and making it sore. Prescribed some hydrocortisone cream and also need to drop off a wee sample.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now